We are very proud of our team and their reputation in the community. Our multicultural and multilingual team of attorneys and accountants possesses both the breadth of talent necessary to cover our practice areas and the depth of experience that allows us to provide efficient and effective representation. We work closely together to maintain a positive and constructive working environment.
Eduardo “Ed” R. Arista, CPA, Esq.
Prof. Eduardo “Ed” R. Arista, CPA, Esq., has been helping multinational families and closely held businesses for over 20 years regarding business matters, tax law, asset protection, and trust and estate planning. During law school, Mr. Arista worked for a U.S. Tax Court Judge in Washington, D.C. and was Managing Editor of the Miami Tax Law Chronicle at the University of Miami School of Law. Prior to founding Arista Law & Tax, he worked at small and large firms, including Ernst & Young’s International Tax Services group, where he assisted high net worth individuals in structuring their U.S. investments to minimize worldwide taxation in coordination with other tax professionals at E&Y offices in Latin America and beyond. He has been an adjunct professor at Florida International University’s College of Business since 2003, currently teaching Federal Wealth Transfers in the graduate tax program. He has received several pro bono and community service awards, and he served on the board of the non-profit Legal Services of Greater Miami. Mr. Arista has authored numerous publications and lectures internationally on advanced topics of tax and trust law, limited liability companies and asset protection at seminars for attorneys, accountants, bankers and businesses people, both in English and Spanish. Click here for a full biography.
- District of Columbia
- Juris Doctor, University of Miami School of Law; University of Miami Tax Law Chronicle, Managing Editor; Certified Legal Intern, U.S. Customs Service, Office of the Associate Chief Counsel, Miami, Florida
- St. Thomas University School of Law, International and Comparative Corporate Law Program, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, San Lorenzo del Escorial, Spain
- Bachelor of Accounting, Florida International University; Beta Alpha Psi, National Financial Honor Society; Co-Chair, Community Service Committee
Robert J. Hanreck, Esq.
Robert J. Hanreck, P.A., is Of Counsel at Arista Law & Tax. Robert practices in the areas of products liability, personal injury, consumer law, family law, professional malpractice and commercial litigation. He was previously an attorney for over six years at one of Florida’s most prestigious law firms, Rumberger, Kirk & Caldwell, P.A. Robert has been recognized by his peers in Florida Trend’s Magazine as one of Florida’s “Up and Coming Legal Elite” and as a “Rising Star” in Florida Super Lawyers Magazine.
- Juris Doctor, University of Miami, 2000; magna cum laude
Allyson d’Abreu de Paulo, LLM
Allyson d’Abreu de Paulo focuses in the areas of tax, trust and estate planning, wealth transfer, asset protection, business planning and probate and tax matters. Prior to joining Arista Law and Tax, she pursued a Master of Laws in Taxation. She volunteers for the IRS’s VITA program to offer free tax help to taxpayers. She is completely fluent in Spanish.
- Master of Laws in Taxation, University of Florida Levin College of Law
- Juris Doctor, Certificate in Taxation, St. Thomas University School of Law
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Florida International University
Barbara Ruiz-Gonzalez, Esq., LLM
Barbara Ruiz-Gonzalez practices in the areas of tax, trust and estate planning, asset protection, business planning, probate and tax matters, dealing primarily with international clients. Prior to joing Arista Law & Tax, she began working in these areas while pursuing a Master of Laws in Taxation. Her prior experience also includes negotiating with the IRS and corportate law. She is completely fluent in Spanish.
- Master of Laws in Taxation, University of Miami School of Law
- Juris Doctor, St. Thomas University School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts, Nova Southeastern University
Andrea Aguilar, Esq., LLM
Andrea Aguilar, Esq., practices in the areas of tax, trust and estate planning, asset protection, and business planning. Prior to joining Arista Law & Tax, she concentrated her experience in tax controversy and research. She has also served as an intern for the IRS Office of Chief Counsel. Andrea is native Spanish speaker.
- New York
- LL.M. in Taxation, International Tax Certificate, Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, DC
- Juris Doctor, Certificate in Taxation, St. Thomas University School of Law, Miami, FL
- Bachelor of Law and Political Science, National University of San Marcos, Lima, Peru