Tax Compliance Services

When it’s time to file your tax returns, don’t trust just any accountant with little or no international experience or without the in-house legal backup in case you need to “lawyer up”.  Ideally, your tax advisor should be able to reduce your taxes to the legal minimum, and at least know what they are doing so that you can avoid mistakes that could lead to additional scrutiny and headaches.  Using a lower cost accountant can often lead to more expensive clean up down the road.

Our multidisciplinary team of lawyers and accountants is ready to help you secure maximum tax efficiency and legal protection.  Our primary tax return preparation services, include:

Individual Income Tax Returns (1040; 1040NR)

  • Initial tax return after becoming a tax resident
  • Elections pursuant to double tax treaties
  • Information return with respect to ownership in foreign companies
  • Statement of exceptions to being a US tax resident
  • Amending back tax returns in connection with tax amnesties

Corporate and Partnership Tax Returns (1120, 1120F, 1065, 1120S)

  • US real property holding companies
  • Foreign companies doing business in the US
  • US companies doing business in the US or abroad

Estate Tax Returns (706; 706-NA, 8971)

  • Foreign estates with taxable US assets
  • Transfer certificate requests

Gift Tax Returns (709)

  • US citizens or residents gifting worldwide assets
  • Foreign persons gifting taxable US assets

Foreign Bank Account Reports (FBAR – FinCen114)

  • Individuals with direct or indirect economic interests or signature authority over foreign financial accounts
  • LLCs with a single owner and “grantor” Trusts, regardless of whether they are “disregarded” for income tax purposes

Trust Income Tax Returns (1041; 1040NR)

  • Irrevocable domestic trusts with worldwide income
  • US hybrid trusts with US source income
  • Foreign trusts with US source income

Information Returns of Foreign Ownership (5472)

  • Foreign owned corporations
  • Foreign owned single-member LLC, regardless of whether they are “disregarded” for income tax purposes

Return To Report Receipt Of Gifts And Inheritances From Foreigners (3520)

Return To Report US Connections Of/With Foreign Trusts (3520, 3520-A)

Grantor Trust and Non-Grantor Trust Beneficiary Statements For Trustees

Non-Withholding Certificate Request Of Real Estate Transfers (8288)

Application For International Tax Identification Numbers (ITIN)

Determination Of Proper FATCA Classification and Application For GIIN (W-8 series)

Resolving Tax Non-Compliance and Requests For Participation In Tax Amnesties

Initial and Annual Expatriation Statements (8854)

Technical Support For Accountants Not Specialized In International Taxation

We are ready to work with your current accountant if you need to “lawyer up” or you just need help with a special project.  In fact, many of our clients were referred to us by accountants so that we could work together with them from a legal perspective.  If you don’t have a trusted accountant for these matters, consider giving us the opportunity to demonstrate the advantages of having your lawyer and accountant under the same roof.

Contact us at 305-444-7662 or e-mail to schedule a confidential meeting in person, over the phone or via videoconference to learn more about how our multidisciplinary team of attorneys and accountants can help.

More than 20 years helping American and multinational families reduce their tax burden, protect their businesses and assets from legal risks, and plan for the eventual transfer of their wealth.